I wrote about science and engineering gifts last year, but now we’re all a year older and wiser it’s time to look around for more ideas.I’ve found that there are plenty of science and construction kits around for older kids, but durable pre-school friendly kit isn’t as common. My daughter has left the toddler years behind, and my son (now 18 months old) occasionally plays with the contents of the box, instead of just the box itself. So I’m covering both the toddler and pre-school ages, roughly 1.5-4 years.
Hence, here’s my 2014 xmas gift idea list; science and engineering gifts for pre-schoolers:
- Melissa and Doug construction set, for toddler engineers: blocks and bolts and even a screwdriver
- You are Stardust explaining to kids, with beautiful illustrations, how we all originate from stardust
- Astronaut duvet set for wannabe astronauts to dream of their journey to the stars
- Manhattan toy microscope a durable wooden microscope with different lenses and ‘petri dishes’ to look at
- Aquabot a robot fish, perfect for bathtime!
- Lunar explorer kit all the bits to recreate your favourite space mission
- 3d space cookie cutters, what pre-schooler doesn’t love to bake cookies?!
- Archiville, a city to build, and rebuild, any way you want
- Kids outdoor adventurer kit complete with insect hotel to build, bug book, and chalks and pencils for recording their adventures